Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Writing Life in the summer.

As Robert Frost once commented: "No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise for the writer, no surprise for the reader." I love that quote. It justifies the tears I shed over my characters lives and the laughter that bubbles up out of the words I type. My garden and herbs are keeping me very busy outside, but in my mind and heart I'm writing. I'm looking forward to writers group tomorrow night; I've had to miss a couple of meetings and I'm having withdrawal symptoms. You know, punctuation that appears randomly in conversation like ending declarative sentences with a lilt that implies a question mark. Or when my husband asks what time it is I reply with the latest word count of Domus (that's my novel). My eyes are glazed over with plot ideas and when I see the ad for the new Harry Potter movie, my heart blisses out because writers dreams really do come true. So, I need a good dose of friendly advise and camaraderie critique then I'll be grounded for another two weeks. See you tomorrow writers group and thank you in advance for a good dose of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment