Friday, December 4, 2009

Brains and Beauty

"In the 18th century, there was said to be a man who had read every book written. But nowadays, if you read one book a day, it would take you about 15,000 years to read through the books in a national Library. By which time, many more books would have been written." I found this quote this morning by Luke McKinney on the Daily Galaxy in an article about our brains. It speaks to the notion that I'll never catch up on my reading! But, that doesn't mean I can't try.

I am blessed with a husband who understands and shares my love of reading. This week he bought me, for my professional side, "The Human Brain" a delightful full color tome I wanted for my herbal library and for my feminine side the last installment of the Luxe novels "Splendor" by Anna Godbersen--I love the dress on the cover; in another lifetime I may have worn something like that. The books are at opposite ends of the teeter totter--one appeals to my intellect, the other fulfills my girlie requirements. It's how I achieve balance. I am adding both books to my Reading list in the right hand column.

In the meantime I am approaching the finish line. That's Dec 31 when I review my years worth of reading. I haven't added the titles up yet, but pretty sure I beat last years total. Gotta go..it's cold outside and a good day for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment