Thursday, February 17, 2011

For All Intents and Purposes

I get so frustrated with politicians. Has common sense evaporated or otherwise some way left the scene? What is so hard about running a country "within our means"? I say let housewives and homeowners, the bakers, the bikers and candlestick makers of America write and administrate the national budget. We know better than to spend money you don't have...it always comes back to bite you. America's budget, for all intents and purposes, is a work of fiction.

It's curious that that phrase--for all intents and purposes--was first coined by none other than the infamous King Henry VIII. Now, there's a politician. Disagree with him and you were apt to be baked, boiled or beheaded; acts he performed regularly. Fortunately, I think my head remains intact. So, I will continue to roll my eyes at wasteful government spending and, for all intents and purposes, it will be done in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment