Friday, February 25, 2011

Research Reading...What Fun!

I'm trying to read (and write) as much as I can while the snow flies, as I will be in the gardens before too long. I'm a johnny-come-lately to Stieg Larsson, but am enjoying his books nonetheless--wish I'd found him while he was still living. I love it that his plot twists continue to surprise my Broca; I hate wading through all the Swedish names of people and places. I love the intricacy of the mystery; I hate the background chapters for the network of characters. I just finished The Girl Who Played With Fire and realized that it was the second of the trilogy. So, now, I decided to finish the series by reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, then go back to the first, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I am invested in the characters and wanted to stay in the stream of the plot. I love that they are smart, smart, smart but could the numbers theme have been just as effective without ALL the verbiage on, well, math? I mean Fermat's theorem, Pythagoras equation AND Euclid's discovery? I enjoyed it to a point; but I consider myself innumerate so I could have survived on less. Since my book Domus is a series, I try to read different kinds of series to broaden my horizons, so to speak. So, I'm off to charge my Kindle. Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment